Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 21: Not doing much in Tahoe

I wake up late today.  Like 10 late.  Since I did not go to bed until 3 last night.  I decide I definitely do not want to go skiing today.  Way too damn sore.  I decide to take care of the T Rex today.  I need him to keep going for a long time still.

T Rex needs some love
Lake Tahoe is surrounded by mountains.  On the inside of the mountains, there are only small ski towns.  Every other business is a ski shop of some sort.  Gas prices are ridiculous.  In most places, it is over $4 a gallon. So I went to the other side of the mountains today, into Carson Valley.  I drive 10 miles down the mountain and to a Jiffy Lube.  I would like an oil, front and rear diff, transmission, and transfer case oil change please.  I sit and wait for a while.  They finally tell me they are done but they couldn't get the transmission fill screw open.  Bummer.  Oh well, it has been changed somewhat recently.  I then take the T Rex through a car wash because he is filthy.  I hear the guys working at the car wash saying something about how gross my truck is.  Hey, that is dirt all the way from Alaska buddy!  Last, I get gas before heading back up the mountain.  That was a fun adventure into the town of Gardnerville.   I spend some time admiring the view on the drive up.

Driving up the mountain


Carson Valley

I drive back to the hotel.  The parking lot is starting to fill up. People are coming to stay for the weekend.  I am not going to have the whole mountain to myself anymore.  Sad. I find a parking place. I decide to walk down the awful hill (that I have found out is a 9% grade. ew) to buy some post cards since I am trying to entertain myself while resting.  I walk down and back.  I realize I forgot my key.  Awesome.  I head to the office.  "Uh, hi, I locked myself out"  The guy looks at me and asks if I locked myself out the night I got in.  Yes, yes, that was me. He asks about Alaska and jokingly tells me they are going to start charging me for keys.  I need to stop doing that.  I get back into my my room and change into my swimsuit. I head to the hot tub for a while.  I remembered a towel this time!  I head back to my room and make some dinner. I'm now trying to plan my driving and where I want to go between here and Arizona.  And watching Game of Thrones.  It is pretty sweet!  Yay for a mellow day!

T Rex is all shiny and taken care of!

No comments:

Post a Comment