Sunday, March 25, 2012

First day back... skiin!

So I went skiing today. It was pretty awesome.  Alyeska may not have tons of lifts but it is not lacking at all in the awesome department. The vast openness at the top of the mountain is pretty amazing. I mean the entire upper part of the mountain is completely open. I didn't see much of that. The awesomeness of the snow might have helped too. And it was absolutely gorgeous. Check back to see some pictures :)

So we get to the hill and get up to the top of the lift. We all take off and 10 feet down the hill my ski spontaneously pops off and I face plant and slide down the hill. Aly is up the hill luckily for me and bring s me my ski. Mason laughs at me. And Tanya is at the lift already wondering what the hell happened to me. Weird my ski popped off. I have the tension on the bindings so tight they don't even come off when they should...

We went all over. The northface was amazing. The snow was soo nice!!!  This part of the hill is still one of the more challenging ones I have been to. Definitely the longest double black I have found thus far!

Anyway, really, I won't be updating every day more. Buttt I felt I should share :)










2 comments:

  1. To the casual observer, and I am defining casual observer as some one who hasnt gone to the top of any ski mountains, your Alyeska pics were far more striking!!! Score one for ye ol AK!!!!!

    ReplyDelete