Thursday, March 8, 2012

Day 62: South Denver Metro Area and Truck Stuff

So I just realized that I have two day 56 posts.... So to get my numbering back on track, this will be day 62. 61 does exist but is misnumbered. :)

Anyway....

So I finally sleep pretty well. He told me that his couch is super comfy. It seriously is.When you take the pillows off the back, it is about as wide as a twin bed. And the cushions are fluffy and soft. It is the best couch I have ever slept on I must say.

I hear Jason up pretty early. I had told him to just ignore me and I will ignore him and sleep until I want to get up. I had decided not to ski today and that I am going to get my truck taken care of instead. I stay on the couch more or less asleep until 10:30 or so. Sleeping in feels so good!!!

I finally wake up. Gooddd mornin!  Um, hi, can I shower? I feel gross. And like to shower. Of course you can shower! He shows me how it works. I have never seen a shower like this... though I probably could have eventually figured it out. Yay! I am clean now... I put on my new honey badger shirt that I got yesterday. I feel pretty cool and invincible.

I decide to give the local Honda dealer a call about my truck. I call and they are unhelpful. I wander about and have some water. Hmmm I guess I could just show up at the local Toyota dealer and see what happens. Jason used to work at a car dealer and informs me that they hate it when you bring the wrong brand of car to the dealer... ok. Toyota it is!

Jason is bored (he too works seasonally in construction) and decides to come with me. Yay for company! And people that know this area of town. We get to the dealer. I walk in. Ummm. My truck is making weird sounds and I am crazy. Ok. That is not quite how it went. I describe all the sounds it is making.  "Umm, when I back up sometimes I hear a sound. When I am going fast I hear a mechanical whistle. When I am 6th gear it whines. When I go slow I hear something that sounds like the wheel bearing or something. When I go slow there is something that sounds like it is at the bottom of the engine that I can't even describe the sound it makes." The guy stares at me and tries to write down what I am describing. He lets me know it will be a few hours since I had no appointment.

Jason and I wander across the street to Burger King and get lunch. We stay there for a while and then wander up the road a ways to Sports Authority. Luckily, I conclude I don't need to buy anything there. It also has a pretty small selection of stuff. Good good. We manage to make this take a few hours. We decide to go back to Toyota and check on things.

We walk back to Toyota. They have thoroughly inspected the truck. The CV joints do in fact make noise. This is from the lift and not because there is anything wrong with it. Ok. Good. They have verified there is noise and that it comes from what I thought was making noise. And it is ok. Maybe I will stop freakin out so badly. They are also doing a recall on the truck fro an accelerator pedal recall and putting a sticker about child restraints on it. Good. For all of the child restraints I use, I feel better. It will be another 45 minutes. I text Diana and Ashlynne and let them know the verdict on the truck noise since I had been freaking out about it the whole time they were with me.

We walk back outside. I want to look at all of the Tacomas they have for sale. They are pushing 30,000 and are not half as spiffy and awesome or in as good of shape as mine. We are approached by a few sales men. They ask me how I am and if I need help. No, I do not. I have my own sweet-ass Taco that just needs to finish in the shop. They get my whole story of how I drove my T100 down here and had to buy a new truck in Arizona. They did kind of ask and seemed remotely interested.....

One of them is helpful. I ask a ton of questions about the TRD packages on these trucks. I finally determine that my truck has the TRD sport package on it and someone just took the stickers off the bed. Sweet. The Honda dealer did not know that. If they had, they probably would have tried to sell it for a few thousand dollars more. I talk about my truck with the salesman and he is amazed at the price I got it for. I am again reassured of my decision to purchase this truck.

I manage to waste about 40 minutes looking at Tacos and talking to salesmen. We head back inside and wait for them to bring my truck back. As we walk, Tanya calls. I am dealing with people. I will call you back in a few! Sorry. The diagnosis is free since it is under warranty and they did recall work! Yayyy!!! Jason asks what we should do next. Mmmmm, wash my truck! It is gross.

The truck comes back. It is already clean. There goes my plan. We head back to his apartment and I call Tanya back. I go out on the balcony since Jason is trying to watch TV and I know I am loud on the phone. She is having more UAA issues and is stressed out. Booo. That is such a pain. We talk for a while and I wish her luck on her interview tomorrow. I head back inside. Jason is almost sad that I did not stay inside. He wanted a view into how women work. Apparently, listening to two of us talk on the phone would help with that. Sorry, I might be too sane and normal for me to really offer any insight there. If you really want to listen to me talk on the phone though, I will stay inside next time... I don't mind!!

We watch some Top Gear on TV for a bit before deciding to get some dinner. A few years ago at work he had told me about a place in Denver that serves "fishobowl size" margaritas. I ask to go there.

I end up getting a "medium" size margarita from this place. It is sufficiently huge. The "large" is twice the size. It gets me intoxicated enough to think that talking about religion is a good idea. I like to do this, but generally realize that this is a great way to offend people and tend to avoid it. Luckily, I don't offend him. The food turns out to be on the spicy side but awesome. I cry a little from all the spices. Bummer.

After a while, we head back to his apartment and eventually decide it is time to sleep. I shower since we are going to go snowboarding/skiing tomorrow. He has been snowboarding for 20+ years so I feel the need to ski since I am better at it than snowboarding and don't want to make him completely bored with my falling down the hill trying to keep up.....

No comments:

Post a Comment