Saturday, August 25, 2012

Alaskan Adventures: Chignik Bay Part Two

Part two of Chignik Bay... Sorry, still no pictures. But I have some cool ones!!!!

-The stray dog is better at fishing than I am.

-Then again, he just dragged the already dead fish off the side of the stream... to the front door of the place we are staying. 4 dead fish won't attract bears. At all.

-I may have cell service, but I can not send a text

-Don't wander down the beach next to the cliffs when the tide is coming in.. unless you want wet feet.

-Finding fossils is still as awesome as when I was 5.

-When the cap is stuck on the water monitering well, running over it with the ATV will fix everything.

-Taking water level readings is harder when the water level meter was left in Anchorage.... Luckily, I know how to improvise.

-Benchmade knives are far superior to Smith and Wesson knives. They don't break when abused and misused. Then again, they also cost 4 times as much.

-The sunrises are awesome. The sunsets and stars probably are too. But I have no windows where I am staying. And am asleep by the time the sun sets.

Looks like the job is going to finish up early. So I will be home sooner than planned... if nothing changes :) Probably one more post like then and then some pictures when I am hommmeee!!

No comments:

Post a Comment