Thursday, February 23, 2012

Day 48: Relaxing?

So I didn't do much today. I decided that since I had planned to do some relaxing in the sun in Arizona and have not done it yet, that relaxing was going to happen today. (that is a horribly constructed sentence)

So I wake up and shower. Hanna comes back from class before I am even completely ready. That makes me feel really lazy. She already went to school and took a test and my hair is still wet. It's still before noon. I check my phone and have a text from my brother that makes me think I should call him. I text him and tell him to give me a call. My mom then calls and we talk for a while.

I go downstairs. "Hi Hanna, how was your test?" Not too bad apparently. My brother then calls. We talk for a bit. After the call, I head out to my truck and put some stuff in it. I Velcro my scan gauge in a location that I can actually see it. I feel better about that now. I can see it and it isn't flying around the cab any more. Hanna wants to watch The Walking Dead. While I am not a huge fan of zombies, I have seen all of the episodes due to my friends watching and I really want to know what happens in season 2, episodes 8 and 9. I have not seen those yet! I watch them. Things are getting really intense in the series! I want to see episode 10! I must know what happens! Oh well, I don't think it is out yet so I will have to wait.

A little after 1, I decide that it is time to go lay in the sun. I put on my swimsuit, grab my book and towel, and head to the pool. I spend the next few hours laying in the warmth and reading my book. Eventually, I notice a lack of warmth. I am in the shade now. Boo. I am hungry so it is time to go back inside.

I go inside, Hanna is missing. Probably taking a nap since she never sleeps anymore with school. Hmmm, left over taco sounds good! I nuke it and start eating it. Hanna emerges. "No. Don't eat that." Ummmm but I am hungryyy!!! Apparently we are going to an awesome BBQ place. Right now. She is hungry. Haha, ok. Sounds good to me buttt I wanna take my truck. Because I like it.

We hop in the truck. (Which I believe I may have officially named the X-Rex...might still change) and head to this awesome BBQ place. I don't eat BBQ often and am overwhelmed about all the choices. Uhhhhhh. I don't know what I want! I end up with a sampler platter thing. It is good!

Me eating a corn fritter. Since I have no other pictures for today.
After dinner, we stop at the AT&T store to try to get my phone fixed. They can't do anything and tell me to go to the Apple store. Well, I don't know where that is and I don't want my phone fixed badly enough to find one. We stop at Barnes and Nobel because I am looking for a book. It is not out in paperback yet and I don't want to read it so badly that I am willing to spend $35 dollars on a hardback version. Oh well. Hanna is wandering around looking at books by the time that I am done obtaining this information. She likes book stores. I didn't know that! So we wander around the entire bookstore. We both buy books. I get a book of 8,000 awesome things you should know for $10. It will be my new coffee table book when I get home. My awesome coffee table can use an awesome coffee table book.

Ok, time to go back. We get lost in the giant shopping complex thing that all of these places are in. Oh, look, an Apple store! Can we stop?  We go in and I talk to a sales person about my phone issues. "Uhh, I can hear them but they can't hear me and I have already tried the hard reboot." He tells me I need to see a technician. The next available slot is in an hour. Mmmm... I don't wanna wait that long so the phone issue is still not resolved.

We drive back. I am not pleased with my music for some reason. I proceed to flip through my iPod until I finally find a song I like. I listen for half a minute and then switch it again. Oh well. We make it back and proceed to do nothing for a while. I continue looking for a Tonneau cover (aragh!!), pack up my cab (Most of my stuff actually fits!!), and look at trucks and facebook on my computer. And talk Hanna's ear off some more. At least she does not have school tomorrow so I am not distracting her from anything too important.

No comments:

Post a Comment