Tuesday, July 10, 2012

I have Jet-Ski Envy

I spent a lot of time around water as a child. I spent all summer at the swimming pool and then we would go on vacation to the beach where I would swim or at my family's lake house, where I would also swim. It would be safe to say that I love water and find it an excellent source of entertainment. Hell, my first job was as a life guard.

Anyway, my family went to our lake house every summer that I can remember from the time I was born until I graduated high school. Most of those years we did not own a boat. Not to say I did not get my share of boating adventures from our friendly lake neighbors, I did. When I was 13, we bought a 18.5 foot Sea Ray speed boat. That thing was fun!  Now we could go out on the water whenever we wanted!  This opened the door to many days on the lake tubing, water skiing, and having a good time in general.

However, I must say that I always wanted to ride around on a jet ski. As a kid, I had dreams of one day buying my own jet ski to ride around the lake. I love the sound they make when they go over the lake. I just thought they were so cool. They looked like so much fun!

Anyway, a few years later, I was invited to my friend's cabin. I get there and they have jet skis! Which I was told I would be permitted to ride. I was soooo excited!  I finally get to go out on them and I must say, they were everything I had hoped and dreamed they would be, and more. I run around the lake like a crazy person.

I guess it is one of those rare times that something you really want really is as good as you dreamed it would be.

No comments:

Post a Comment